Sunday, April 23, 2006
Chapter 86 - "Great Moments in Television History"
I watched this on SingaBloodyPore's blog, having been recommended by Allan:

It's the dialogue with MM Lee on "Why my vote matters" (Ok, i'm probably one of the last people on earth to watch this... ;p)

Well, I kinda agree with what MM Lee said, about how it is not because we have no opposition in Singapore but rather, it is that they are not competent enough to compete with the PAP. I really just feel that the opposition is just totally anti-PAP, which i think is the wrong approach. I don't think you can win just by slamming everything that the PAP is doing, afterall, you have to consider that the population is generally happy with the PAP. Rather I think the idea should be to improve on what's been done so far.

But I have to agree that the PAP is rather unfair on the opposition. What's with no free speech, no political freedom. Come on, let's face it. Any opposition in Singapore is scrutinised to the absolute detail and any mistake made will cause the opposition to be obliterated and annihilated, never to surface again.

Elections are such strange phenomena.

Honestly, I think, if you want to make a change, join the PAP. Don't waste your time on joining the opposition. Welcome to Singapore politics.
Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:22 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com