Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Chapter 79 - Arran Field Trip (cont'd)
Day 6 - NE Coast - 21 Mar 06
it was a very long walk. it was a very sunny day. :)


Arran Trivia by Liz: that's a dyke in the distance. (that mountain looking structure.. ;p)

Day 7 - Dykes Galore - 22 Mar 06
See that mound in the distance? That's actually a sill.. Impressive eh? It's called the DOON btw.

Other than the DOON, we saw about 2,126,983 dykes (nono, not people), I think I've seen them all. :)

Day 8 - Option Day! - 23 Mar 06
Today was option day. Not that we got the choice of staying in the hotel though. I chose to go fossil hunting. ;p Well, Liz kinda promised us trilobites although we didn't seem to find any. Found loads of crinoid stems (ossicles) and brachiopods though.

Some thoughts on Arran
This was quite a wonderful trip actually. Anyone for the 3-course dinner every night? (starter, main course and dessert!) Gee. I can feel all those fats showing already. Not to mention, I also watched more TV then I ever did since I got to Cambridge! We watched the Commonwealth games after breakfast in the morning, Simpsons when we got back in the evening, Formula One during the weekend. How much more can I ask for? ;p

Anyway, another bit of trivia. Did you know Scottish and Irish shots are 35ml as compared to 25ml for England?
Posted by yellowlemonie at 1:08 AM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com