Monday, March 12, 2007
Chapter 186 - Churchill Till I Die
So it was the Cuppers Cup soccer finals today between Churchill & St Catz, which I went down to support. I must say I was pretty amused with the amount of banter cheers that we had.

"St Catz, give us a song
St Catz St Catz, give us a song
St Catz, give us a song" (or something like that. there was also a variation which ended with "cos I can't f**king hear you")

"Shit team, shit fanz (x2)" (to the tune of this clock chime)

"CHURCHILL TILL I DIE!
I'M CHURCHILL TILL I DIE!
I KNOW I AM I'M SURE I AM I'M CHURCHILL TILL I DIE!"

Yeah, so much Churchill pride today. And we were definitely much louder than Catz, even though they had more people than we had. And I must say even though we lost 3-1 in extra time, even though we were playing with 10-men, it was possibly the most spirited and exciting extra-time I've watched. And of course, the undying support from all the Churchill fans from the stands, which even managed to shut the Catz fan up even when they were winning.

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:48 PM
1 Comments:
Blogger boonleong said...

Princeton's run by Wellesley, and Wellesley's run by Yale
And Yale is run by Vassar, and Vassar's run by tail
Harvard's run by stiff pricks, the kind you raise by hand
MIT's run by Engineers, the finest in the land

We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the Engineers
We can, we can, we can, we can, demolish forty beers
Drink rum, drink rum, drink rum all day, and come along with us
'Cos we don't give a damn for any old man who don't give a damn for us!

MIT was MIT when Harvard was a pup
MIT will be MIT when Harvard's time is up
And any Harvard Son of a Bitch who thinks he's in our class
Can pucker up his rosy lips and kiss the beaver's ass

5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com