Thursday, February 23, 2006
Chapter 64 - A busy life...
At 5.30am, while the rest of Cambridge is still snuggled up under their blankets, a very interesting phenomenon occurs... A certain breed of students, known as rowers or boaties, get out of their beds, head off to the boathouse, dreary-eyed, in the deserted streets. They diligently get their boats onto the water before lighting down (ie. sunrise) and anticipate the moment.. at the very precise moment, twenty or so crews push off the banks at approximately the same time and head off into the river... This is the very sport of rowing... =)

And being a cox, I am swept into this vicious cycle too... Haven't been out of bed past 6.30am this week... *frown* i miss my bed... but of course, next week is the lent bumps (it's a series of races where the only aim is to bump the boat in front of you and not get bumped from behind.. ;p), which is why we're training so hard... i'm tired now...

Well, let's look at what else happened over the past week. Over the weekend, there was the CUMSA AGM, which as you may recall, where I was running for President. And many thanks to the support and encouragement from my friends, I've succeeded. It was really nice to receive SMSes and messages from people wishing me well... Really appreciate it... :)

And there was also Malaysian Night, which I must say was rather impressive... considering it was mainly the work of Irene from putting the script together, writing the songs & lyrics, directing the play, etc etc... very very impressive indeed...

Some shots taken by Sean...:


ooh... Pirated DVDs.... =)

I should be off to bed real soon now.. I'm soooooo tired... I've got a pimple on my nose! *ouch* I'll hopefully write about something exciting soon! Stay tuned....
Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:23 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com