Friday, June 23, 2006
Chapter 123 - What an adventure home...
Well well... what can i say... coming home was yet another adventure. So i decided that i was gonna take the National Express direct to Heathrow instead of being a miserly student who was gonna save a few pounds by going via London (tube). Then guess what? On the very morning of my departure, the M11 (motorway) was CLOSED! like wtf?!?! so we were diverted via some ulu-ulu route which was soooo jammed. We took two hours to reach Stansted and another two and a half hours to reach Heathrow, instead of the 2hr 20mins total journey time that was stipulated.

So well, i reached Heathrow at 12.10pm. My flight was at 12noon. No chance i was gonna catch it at all. So I went to the SIA Customer Service and asked if i can be put on the next flight (at 6.30pm). And because i had already checked in on the internet, the person at the counter even knew i was Mr Low... hmm... But anyway, the next flight was full! So i could only be put on the waiting list. Hung around the lousy, cramped, claustrophobic Terminal 3 for 2 hours, before checking in to see if there was any progress. So this time after being redirected here and there and back, I was told that i was to be given a standby boarding pass and had to come back at 5.30pm to check if there are available seats. So I hung around for a while more, watched the Italy vs Czech match at a pub, and came back at 5.30pm.

And i tell you, when i finally got the confirmation of the ticket and went to check my luggage in, the staff at the counter was like you're late. I'm like yah, i know, i was on the waiting list. duhz. i've been here for 6 hours already btw. well anyway, so i was put onto the "fast track" security clearance, which i must say wasn't much of a FAST track at all. I had just about enough time to go through the "efficient" and "thorough" security checks before having to shuttle for the boarding gates.

As if that wasn't tiring enough, i was told at the boarding gates that i was supposed to have some dunno-what coupon! Great, like i'd know if i was supposed to have one. So i showed them my e-Ticket (which was in every way an e-Ticket - it was on my laptop.. hehe) and then they key into the system and then cannot find! hmm. so while the rest of the world was cramming into the Boeing, i was waiting at the boarding gate awaiting to be cleared. Then finally, the lady told me to just go ahead and board, and she will settle my ticket issue on her own after we leave. So begins the longest 12.5 hours in the air...

When we got to Changi Airport, went to Duty Free to buy stuff (being Singaporean, who can miss Duty FREE right?) then when i was at the counter trying to pay, i bent down to retrive my wallet from my bag and the lady at the cashier was like "yes, ma'am?" and then i stood up, and she's like, oh oops. haha. then i collected my luggage, and proceeded to the arrivals hall. My dad having stood near the gate only saw me when i got near and my mum who had been staring patiently at the glass panes hadn't realised that i had walked by and had already exited until i stood right behind her. hmm. long hair... hehe.. anyone who would like a glance of kenny with long-hair, (which i gather makes me look ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENT from the response i get), you better do so in the next week or so before the locks of hair on me gets trimmed. :)

keke. i'm still contactable on my SG hp number as before (97994472) if anyone would like to have those simpang bedok, or block 85, or chomp chomp adventures!
Posted by yellowlemonie at 9:47 AM
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=) home sweet home...ahh..i wonder what kinda adventures spore will bring. the invasion of ulu spore...the far corners of the island...hmm...on a bicycle. be snap happy bro! just dont tempt me too much.

4:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man , to be honest , you were quite fortunate to be given a ticket at the end =P . Enjoy the summer ( and trim your hair - even though we are all so used to the long hair Kenny ) !

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com