Thursday, November 16, 2006
Chapter 153 - (Supervisions)^4
today was such a tiring day. For the first time ever, I've had FOUR back-to-back supervisions. Normally I have 4 supervisions on Thursday but spaced out during the day, but today, there was a rearrangement for one of my supervisions, and another over-ran by about 30 mins, hence not giving me a break in between. And worse of all was, I had to go from college to the earth science (esc) department in 5 mins (1.7 miles according to Google Maps), from the ESC department to the Cavendish Labs in -10 mins (you got me right, negative 10 mins - distance = 2.0 miles)....

for the benefit of those who don't know what supervisions are, check out the following definition extracted from the Kenny's concise dictionary:

Supervisions(noun): A very stressful hour session that is (usually) attended by two supervisees and one supervisor (aka a Fellow or phD student). Requires a fair amount of work to be done before the supervision. (Referenced to "101 ways to chao keng a supervision") In most other universities, the terminology used is tutorials.

So yes, after the 5 hours of brain-frying sessions, the first thing I did when I got back was to take a nap... :)

-----------------------------

Anyway, I must draw everyone's attention to this article on the MrBrown.com site.. I must say I was quite touched when I was reading the article... poor Faith...
Posted by yellowlemonie at 9:35 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com