Friday, June 29, 2007
Chapter 218 - An Incoherent Kenny
Kenny has finally gotten to civilisation - having returned from Ord on the Isle of Skye where there was no mobile phone reception, as well as no internet access. (hence you can understand why he paid £5 in the Heathrow airport for wireless access!)

It's been such a loooong journey and it's far from over. Thus far, i've spent 1 hour in a car, then 30 mins waiting for the train, and spent 13 hours on the train (yes THIRTEEN, including a stupid delay), and then rushed back to college to collect my luggage and laptop before taking the bus to Heathrow, which I almost died on (have never felt so car sick before. Attributed to fatigue + hunger). And then there 6 hours of waiting for the flight, before another 12.5 hours on the plane.

This journey is about to beat my all-time record for distance travelling which i did when I went to Sedburgh earlier in September 2006. That was a total of 30 hours to my destination. This time, I better this record by clocking 36 hours in total - no wonder I'm super Kenny. :)

In any case, just some trivia before I go on to digest my zillion emails - did you know that trains travel at up to 200kph? It really doesn't quite feel like that, but I took out my GPS on a bit of my very long train ride and that's what the GPS told me what our speed was. Interesting eh?

Ok. I'm gonna continue sipping on my cup of coffee - I imagine I will be in lala-land even before the air stewardess can say KrisWorld later.... ;p

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 6:17 AM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com