Monday, October 01, 2007
Chapter 245 - Apple Day!
Just before you go "wtf has Kenny gone", i've returned! Got back to Cambridge, safe and sound, on Saturday after what has been a pretty long journey. I shall write about my last leg of Ireland trip, as well as where I've been since I got back to the UK really soon. (although if you want a brief summary, i went to gort/derry/dublin/london/wisbech)

It's been REALLY frantic since I got back, unpacking, as well as clearing the backlog of work that's been piling up since I left the cottage. *frownz*

Anyhow, it's been kinda scary to suddenly be in a big city now, not that Cambridge is big anyway, but having just been in a tiny, laid back Irish VILLAGE for six weeks, this is a bit like country pumpkin visits the city. Suddenly, there're people and cars everywhere! But I kinda managed to escape to Audley End on Sunday (which in my head seems like ages ago, but was only yesterday - it's just that i've done so much since i've got back, time seems to slow down. Relativity you might say. ;p)

Went to Audley End House because it was APPLE DAY! And just to enlighten you, it's apple season now, and an apple day kinda "celebrates" all things apple related. (and yes, i'm talking about the fruit apple. A for A-P-P-L-E). If you've got an unknown breed of apple, you can bring it down where experts will identify it for you, there are apple juice stalls, apple stalls, cider (which is made from apples btw), and more....

Apples hanging in the organic garden of Audley End House

Of course I got more than I bargained for, because I'm also an "English Heritage" member, I got to visit the house as well, which was quite a typical old English household - very Jane Austen!

One of the water bodies surrounding the house

The greenhouse/vinery where there a grapevines climbing all over the walls.

View of Audley End House from the gardens - very thankful for the lovely weather we had...

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 10:57 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com