Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Chapter 241 - "Geologising"
A quick post while I'm standing in the telephone booth, trying to avoid the rain, and checking my emails.

Now to answer the question of what the hell I'm doing in Louisburgh, Ireland, when I could have been gallivanting back home in Singapore - to sum it up, it's just tough luck. ;p

You see, I was initially trying to decide whether to do GeoPhysics or Experimental Physics for my final year (3rd year). And I thought I'd keep my options open by doing a mapping project this summer, which is a requirement and accounts for 20% of my final grade if I did GeoPhysics. But I've decided to do Experimental Physics now, so technically I don't need to do this project. However, having accepted some £700 worth of funds, I'm kinda obliged to produce a project, and of course the added bonus of getting to keep the car I'm driving. :)

Just to give you a brief idea of what I'm doing/done before, you might want to refer to this post back in September 2006, when I went for my mapping course in Sedburgh. Basically, what I'm doing now is going around the fields looking for (bed)rocks, identifying them and plotting it out on my map. We then attempt to join up the same units (for example, a band of sandstone), and see if we can find any faults (geological faults... hur hur) within the map. That's as brief as I can explain it.

The weather hasn't been that great, especially on Sunday and today, when the rain was just pissing it down on us, hence explains why I'm back so early today. :) (helps that I'm the one with the car... hehe)

A picture from the beach the other way:

Waves washing through the rocks leaving in its wake a trail of white sea spray.

Labels: , ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 3:46 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com