Friday, August 10, 2007
Chapter 235 - 6 weeks
After 6 weeks of being back in Singapore, which consisted of 3.5 weeks of teaching @ Dunman, 1.3 camps (ITE College East + Chongfu Pri), 2 days of relief teaching, 5 days of seminar (DPPS), 6 movies (Transformers, Die Hard 4.0, Nancy Drew, Rush Hour 3, Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix), 2 plays (Dim Sum Dollies, Asian Boys: Happy Endings), National Day "preview" + NDP fireworks, countless dinners, suppers, meetings and catching up with friends, being all over Singapore (from Changi Airport to Sungei Buloh & Jalan Bahtera), it's time for me to say Good Bye to this beautiful island we call Home! (for this year at least). I'm not even ready to go, at all... so much more I want to do.

And all these were just the tangibles... I've had so much fun in these 6 weeks that I've been back for, many thanks to my family and friends, who have made my holiday more memorable. I've taken lots of photos and memories, that I imagine will be my "Chicken Soup for Kenny's Soul" for this coming year, especially in the next 6 weeks when I'll be trapped in this little village called Louisburgh in County Mayo, Ireland, where I'll be cut off from the rest of the world (i bet noone will notice for weeks, if we were to get abducted by aliens... boohooo...)

In any case, quite a lot more things to write about since my last post!

--------------------------
Mummy's Birthday Celebrations - 4 Aug 07
Last Sat, we also went to celebrate my mum's birthday, albeit more than a week early (her birthday is on 14 Aug), otherwise I will be in Ulu-land Ireland already... We had yummy seafood @ Jumbo..... *drools*

The yummy seafood...

Family photo... No need to introduce lah.. I only have one sister who's attached, so you figure out yourself... ;p

Happy Birthday Mummy! wah... 7 candles leh.... ;p It was a Durian Chocolate Cake from Chocabloc
--------------------------
And then, I apparently had dinner with some students... delicious laksa from Aloysius' dad's stall @ Kovan (beside Heartland Mall), which in itself is another ulu-land, or as my sister will say, a "bird-don't-lay-egg place" (translate to chinese yourself). This was followed by pool @ Selegie and Rochor Tau Huay...

i'd like to think that I camouflage quite well....

Winnie the Pool! Pooh!
--------------------------
And then it was a mini house-warming potluck @ Juansa's house with the peeps teaching @ Dunman. Will miss all the nonsense we talk about in the staff room man... haha... ;p


--------------------------
National Day Parade 2007 - 9 Aug 07
The flag happened to be flying through when I was walking along the Padang.

Throngs of people all over the place, even on the steps of City Hall....

Most of the people were there for the fireworks though, with numerous families having a nice picnic. I was at some grass patch, on the opposite side of the bay from where the parade was held....



Unfortunately, the shots aren't that great, cos my compact camera is not powderful enough... But I'm collecting my D100 later.. muahaha... so next time I should be able to get fairly decent shots... woohoo!

Also, while I was squeezing my way to Marina Square after the fireworks to catch Rush Hour 3, going against the flow of humans, some guy made a real stupid comment when he was going into the MRT station - he said, "aiyo, dunno which side got air-con", while stopping in the middle of nowhere with hordes of sticky sweaty bodies jostling by...

Ok, meanwhile, I'm supposed to start packing my bag soon, so maybe I shall get started on that now..... :(

Labels: , ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 2:37 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com