Sunday, August 24, 2008
Chapter 367 - Singapore B(u)ay Run
So once again, I decided a couple of days ago that I was gonna go for the Singapore Bay Run (formerly known as the Sheares Bridge Run + Army Half Marathon), and I realised that I B(u)ay run already... lolx. I ran a blistering (read: blisters on arches of left and right foot. Left foot blisters measures about 2cm by 3cm... ouch) time of 2:22:42 - a record (read: slowest) time ever! It's damn boring running alone (why oh why Lester, do you have exams!!!), plus with the blisters after 7km, it was a pain to be weaving in and out of the human traffic. The view from the Marina Barrage was stunning though - I wished I had my camera with me.

Some statistics of my run.
1. My first 6km was covered in 33.5 mins.
2. Thereafter, I covered the next 4km in about the same time. ;p (well, actually it was 10km in 1hr 2 mins)
3. In 2 hrs, I covered just short of 18km.
4. I drank about 7 cups of water (the small one!) at least - 100 plus during the race is a godsend. The last water point manned by the military police was quite amusing - they were blaring the sirens from their MP bikes, plus had signs that said speed checks (not less than 8km/h)!
5. I ate a banana during the race!

And ZOMG, i am so tired right now. Had to be up at 5am this morning, after only less than 4 hours of sleep. (hardly the SAF safety requirement.. ;p) I shall turn in for an early night tonight!

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:05 AM
3 Comments:
Blogger boonleong said...

But you finished it!

1:06 PM

 
Blogger yellowlemonie said...

well yeah, i guess.. don't feel such a huge sense of achievement though...

4:18 PM

 
Blogger boonleong said...

Well I didn't run cos of guard duty... so the furthest I've done is 16km.

6:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com