Thursday, July 31, 2008
Chapter 360 - Austen Powers!
(yeah baby yeah!)

I've just finished watching "Becoming Jane" (on DVD!) - one of those shows I've been wanting to watch for a long time (in addition to Batman: Dark Knights & Red Cliff of course). And what can I say? It's a brilliant movie! (in case you wonder why I say that about every movie I watch, the reason is that I only mention the good ones! (and the horrigible ones of course... gotta name and shame... tsk tsk..)) It's probably mostly romanticised screenplay, but quite a large portion of it was based on historical accounts of Jane Austen's life. (you might have already guessed that I've been converted to a Jane Austen fan, having read & watched Pride & Prejudice, and got started on Sense & Sensibility).

Still, if the historical accounts are what it claims, then it's easy to see where Miss Austen got her inspiration for Pride & Prejudice from. In fact, I found many similarities between Becoming Jane & Pride & Prejudice. And given how much I loved the latter, you can guess that the affection follows through for this movie as well. (though given this affection, i've mentioned it remarkably few times on this blog. In fact, only a brief mention in this post [at the end] and this other post! Shocking, I know...)

And other than being an excellent film (oh, and it features such lovely country scenes filmed in Ireland! How I miss the Irish soil..... This post gives some excellent photos taken by yours truly, me... ;p but I digress once again), my friend also describes this as a "chick flick" - not quite the "Bring It On"-type chick flick. This one's more subtle, and more... elegant.... :)

Jane Austen - played by Anne Hathaway...


Jane's sister, Cassandra Austen - played by Anna Maxwell Martin.


And I shall now leave you to wonder why there's no caption for the last photo.

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 1:37 PM
2 Comments:
Blogger xiu said...

you have the dvd for becoming jane?? can i borrow?? :)

4:45 PM

 
Blogger yellowlemonie said...

yes i do! i bought it yesterday at gramophone.. hehe...

sure thing. how should i pass it to you?

2:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com