Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Chapter 311 - The Bingleys
So I was in London today.

And I went to the National (Portrait) Gallery, because I had to kill some time. And I was wondering about looking at the various exhibits. Did you know that Bryan Adams is a Photographer? And a darn good one at that. (And yes, I'm referring to songwriter. (Everything I do) I do it for you. [yes... you... haha])

Guess who else I found? I also snuffed out the portrait ofSir Thomas Stamford Bingley Raffles. Oh wait. Did I say Bingley? Wow. In Jane Austen's world, that would have made him about 10,000 times more attractive to women! Why didn't they tell us that in the history textbooks? Now we'll have to modify our textbooks to include Bingley! (otherwise minus 1/2 mark! *gasp*)

(Who could this be?)

Oh, there was also an display on Brilliant Women - 18th Century Bluestockings. (very small exhibit lah. we all know deep down in our hearts how few many brilliant women there are... JOKING LAH, before I get accused of being a misogynist - and i'm definitely not one).

But anyway, it's a fairly delightful visit to just wander through the galleries and marvel at the works of art. And I think I've had my dose of galleries for the entire month already. =)

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 10:43 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com