Monday, March 14, 2011
Chapter 420 - What a Productive Day
It's the first day of the one-week March break, and thus far, it's been pretty productive for me! (well, for today anyway... ;p)

Woke up to a lazy start this morning by a phone call at the unearthly hour of.... 8.15am. Stumbled out of bed, and lazed around at home before setting off to the motorcycle workshop.

At the motorcycle workshop, got the engine oil changed ($20), spark plugs replaced ($5), and horn replaced ($45). Taxi drivers beware now - for my bike is hornier than ever! Cut into my lane without signalling and you shall face the wrath of my horn!

Thereafter, proceeded to Bendemeer road, where I got my bike seat patched up. It took slightly more than an hour for the guy to cut/sew/patch my seat, so in the meantime, I was being an "uncle" and sitting at the void deck listening to the radio. (But of course, before you envision this balding white-haired man, wearing a white singlet, pyjamas pants and singlet carrying a battery-operated radio, let me clarify that I was listening to Class95 from my trusty Nokia E71. ;p)

At the void deck, I also played hero to a little bird on the floor, who had seemingly fallen out of the nest, and a fat pussy (cat) was waiting to pounce on it, no doubt having all fat from eating bird brains. I chased the cat away a number of times, before I realised that I could just place the bird on a higher ledge, which was out of the way from the cat. It was funny how everytime the cat got near, the other mynahs (probably the mama mynah) started squealing/chirping/making noise. Apparently (according to the shop owner from the bike shop), the cat had eaten a few of the baby birds, so the mama bird is pretty angry with the cat (well, seriously, who wouldn't be... ;p) and had stood in front of the cat and scolded it/her a few times. [I'm not sure how, but I picture a tweetie bird kinda scenario in my head.. maybe angry birds? ;p]

(Oh, and in the mean time, I also called Diners Club to cancel my credit card, cos it was really useless. I've only used it ONCE in the entire year....)

Then after that I bought Beach Road scissors cut rice for lunch, which i da-paoed back to school to eat. In school, I sorted out my file check materials, and attended a meeting which ended at 5pm. Then I went to get the N level papers to be scanned, and went off to buy some chrome-coloured tape and a signal light-bulb for my bike in Ubi, before heading home.

If you thought that was the end of my day, it wasn't. I went down to the M33t-the-people session, where I wrote letters for residents, after my dinner, before coming home to finish the day with the scanning of the past-year N-level papers. *catches a breath*

So that was my day in summary. :)

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 3:10 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com