Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Chapter 414 - A Series of Unfortunate Events
Well, I'm writing this post to complain about the string of (rather unfortunate) events that happened to me lately...

It all started when I got back from Phuket. On the day I got back from Phuket (Youth Day holiday), I went back to school wanting to get stuff from the staff room, so that I could finally get started on some work. I went around 4.30pm, since it was supposed to be a normal working day for the admin staff, plus I was napping at home before that. And guess what? The staff room had just been locked for the day, so I couldn't get in. Went home empty handed.

Then, that very night, I realised that I'd left my Brasil waterbottle on the airplane. I had left it on the seat initially, cos from previous experiences, the water leaks out in my bag during the flight cos of the reduced cabin pressure.

Then on Wednesday (two days later), I went to IMM to purchase a new modem from Starhub, because they've decided to give us a "speed boost", and my (very) old modem is unable to support the new speed, so we need to get one. Esther and I had dinner there, and when we went to the Starhub shop, we found out that it was CLOSED for renovation! WTF! It was open just the week before! Anyway, we walked around while I was fuming, found a starhub counter, was told that we had to go to the nearest outlet at Plaza Singapura (wah, damn near!). So I continue to fume, and then found another Starhub counter/roadshow, where I finally found out that I could actually purchase the modem there. Thank goodness!

The next unfortunate event happened 2 days ago. I participated in the Nets surprise promotion and won a pair of wireless headphones, and was told to collect it from Challenger at Sim Lim Square, Level 6. And guess what? There isn't a Challenger at Sim Lim Square! Spent some time walking around the building before I asked Esther to help me check it out. I later found out that it was supposed to be Funan centre. So the guy who called me had given me the wrong information. =(

Also (2 days ago), I'd finally submitted my claim for LDS for my new pair of spectacles. My short-sightedness had gone worse for 1 year in teaching, and the words on the projector screen were beginning to look fuzzy. So I went to get a new pair of specs prescribed in June, and thought I could claim it from my $400/year LDS entitlement. Submitted my claim through Pac@Gov, which went through fine (as in it was approved in the system already). And my school has this procedure of collecting the receipts, so I was trying to file the receipt when I asked my finance clerk whether I could submit a photocopy of the receipts, because I needed the original for the warranty. This was when she kicked a BIG FUSS in the general office, saying that I cannot claim from LDS, giving me all sorts of rubbish reasons (it's something you need! you mean if you have no LDS, you will not make your specs meh?) So I'm like, "so what do you want me to do now? It's already gone through the system!" So she calls MOE finance, and gets me a form, so that I can get the amount refunded. like SRSLY, WTFOMGBBQ! I ranted on Facebook, and here's the "transcript".


So anyhow, I thought that was the end of my unlucky streak. But apparently not! The modem that I had gotten the Wednesday before was supposed to integrate the MaxOnline (internet) and Digital Voice (telephone) modems into 1 device. The internet device got activated okay, but the telephone device still hadn't got activated today, so I called Starhub to find out today. And guess what they told me? They said that the new device on works with Digital Voice Home, but my telephone device is on Digital Voice Global, so it doesn't work with it, so I still have to use my old telephone modem. They could have told me this when I bought the modem, so I wouldn't have paid more for the "additional feature" that I wouldn't enjoy.

Well, let's hope that I won't need to update this post anymore. It's certainly spoiled my mood for the past few days. =(
Posted by yellowlemonie at 12:11 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com