Friday, January 15, 2010
Chapter 409 - Life in 2010
Life in 2010 has gone by kinda quickly thus far. It's already the end of week 2! (20% of Term 1 completed!) It's also been rather exhausting getting things going.
-----------------

School reopened on the 3rd of Jan, and the first morning assembly of the year was held in the school hall due to a light drizzle. There was chatter abuzz in the hall, though the atmosphere was somewhat tense (new classmates, new students in the school!) But with the singing of the National Anthem, school song, and the recitation of the pledge, the familiarity of school life came back to me. I felt like I was re-living my student life.

Anyway, with that came 2 very busy weeks of school - much of which is still a blur in my head.

------------------
On Monday this week, I was in 4E2, and when I went to switch the lights to the white board on, I took a double take. Was that a spelling mistake on the switch labels? When I took a closer look, this was what I saw:

I must say whoever did the labels had been somewhat "creative" and had over-generalised the spelling for white board. Sure you pronounce "light" as "light"... but "wight" as "white"? ;p I just hope that the person who had done the labels had just been careless, and had not really thought that wight white board was spelt that way....

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 1:49 PM
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi yellowmelonie,

Thanks very much for your interesting blog. It's always nice to see how people on the other side of the globe live, how they share the same joys and sorrows, what they do in their free time, etc.

I actually have a question about your blog. Would you mind helping us with a linguistic research project? We're compiling data from various Singaporean weblogs. All it requires is checking a few boxes. If you want to take part and/or have more questions, drop me a note ( hack2301@uni-trier.de RE: Question ) so that I can then send you the 'official' project eMail. We'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much in advance!
Best regards,
- Fran

7:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooops, of course I meant to say "Hi yellowlemonie" ;-) Sorry.

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com