Sunday, September 13, 2009
Chapter 403 - A Matter of Size
I was at the Cathay Picturehouse yesterday for the first time, to catch "A Matter of Size", as part of the Israeli Film Festival. And I was duly impressed that for one of the few times ever, the movie started punctually! (the movie was supposed to start at 9:20pm, and when I looked at my watch when it started - not the trailers mind you, it was 9:20.52pm...) Impressive. In fact, when the movie started, the (small) cinema was only about half-full (or half-empty... ;p), since I think most other patrons were still mingling outside. (Too bad!)


Personally, I kinda like indie films, without the Hollywood glitz. Plus I also like movies which are filmed in exotic places, like in Israel, and not your usual US-based, or Europe-based movies. The movie is about a (fat) man, named Herzl, who was part of a diet club, whom despite his "best efforts", was still putting on weight week after week. Whilst working at a Japanese restaurant (as a dish washer), he comes to know of Sumo, and decides to start his own Sumo club. And guess where he recruits his group members? From the diet club of course. Well, the story goes on to tell how they started a sumo competition, and how Herzl finds love in Ramle, and so on, but I guess in the end, this movie just reminds us that being skinny is simply just a sort of social phenomenon, and there were numerous hilarious moments in the film. It's a pity that there will/are only 3 screenings of the film during this festival (the last show is at 7.15pm tonight, but it's sold out...)

If you know of other upcoming film festivals, do let me know! :)

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 7:11 AM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com