Sunday, August 16, 2009
Chapter 399 - SBR

Question: What does SBR stand for?

A: Sheares Bridge Run
B: Singapore Bay Run
C: Singapore's Biggest Run
D: All of the Above

Anyway, I did the the SBR/AHM this year, without much training again. I clocked a time of 2:24:37, which I had initially thought was a better time than last year, but apparently not. Looking at my entry after last year's run, I realised my time last year was 2 minutes better. I did clock a similar split time compared to last year though, 10 km in 1 hr 2 min, a little short of 18km in 2 hours. I seem to remember that it was a lot more painful last year though (not that it wasn't painful this year).

Though somehow I didn't remember the flag-off to be at 5.30am in previous years. I always thought they flagged off at 6.30am, to allow time for people to come by public transport. (First train from Pasir Ris is at 0554) So I had to get up at the unearthly hour of 4.15am this morning (!!), so that I could fetch Esther as well. And stupidly, along the AYE, all the Electronic Display signs only mentioned the road closures at the Padang area, and none mentioned that the Rochor and KPE exits were closed. Only when we were going up Sheares Bridge did we find out that it was closed, and ended up in a long detour via Katong. -growl-

I have a lesson ob by my VP and RO tmr. Hope it all goes well! And hope my body isn't aching too badly tmr... ;p

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 9:04 AM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com