Thursday, August 13, 2009
Chapter 398 - Sacrificing comfort for time
Rush hour traffic is so lame! I was coming home from Clementi just now, and there was heavy traffic / jam from Clementi (before the PIE entrance) all the way to Kallang! If you consider the MRT stations from Clementi to Kallang, that's 14 stops out of 30 stops on the East-West line! So basically half of Singapore's expressways are jammed during peak hours, and this is the case when there're no traffic accidents. Imagine the chaos when there's ONE accident.

Anyhow, I'm somewhat pleased by the fact that I ride a (motor)bike, especially in times like these. Alot of people think riding (a motorbike) is dangerous - of course it is, if you see the way some of the riders on the road weave through the traffic (i'm not one of them, although I do ride on lane two and a half. ;p) Given the situation on the roads now, I think it's unlikely that I'll be getting a car in the near future - I guess I'd just save that $1000/month on a car for now. (And of course sacrificing the comfort of sitting in an air-conditioned ride, while saving time and money).

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 12:50 PM
1 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com