Thursday, February 19, 2009
Chapter 388 - Rags to Riches
It's been a while since I've updated the blog - i wonder if anyone still reads it... but well, it's more for me to document some of my thoughts anyway... :)

Anyway, I'll be starting my practicum (omg, it's a real word!) next week at Changkat Changi Sec Sch. well, i can hear the gasps and looks of horror already. Ever since I've got my posting (which happens to be my final posting as well), and I tell people that I'm posted to CCSS, they react first with shock, and then looks of apathy (orh, u poor thing...) But I think it's okay lah - my sister was from CCSS and she turned out alright (mostly... ;p)

CCSS wasn't my first posting though. i was initially posted to Anglican High, and was looking forward to leading the "high life" (on top of the hill that is), struggling to cope with "high-ability students". But unfortunately, this was not to be, as I soon found out the MOE (being ever so efficient), has messed things up, and there were already an excess of physics/maths teachers at AHS, and so I got my destined school.... From the city to the slums it is... ;p

------------------
Speaking of slums, Slumdog Millionaire is pretty much a rags to riches movie - both within the movie, and the circumstances of the movie (since it's a low budget production, and lacked the glitz of Hollywood glamour). But the movie is certainly worth watching - for its accurate, and raw portrayal of India (it's true! people really do behave like that!), and I loved the token pseudo-"Bollywood" dance at the end of the movie.

For this, I hope they win some Oscars this weekend.

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 1:46 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com