Sunday, October 26, 2008
Chapter 379 - $$ Jokes
On the weekend issue of Today (i think yesterday's issue), the Subaru add said:

If life throws you Lehmans, make Lemonade.

That was such a BURN!!

And then I was reading the Sunday Times, and they had a section on Comic Relief, and there were some pretty good jokes!

1. Q: What's the definition of optimism?
A: An investment banker who irons five shirts on a Sunday evening.

2. An investment banker said he was going to concentrate on the big issues from now on. He sold me one in the street yesterday.
(The Big Issue is street newspaper published on behalf of and sold by homeless people.)

3. Q: What is the difference between an investment banker and a pigeon.
A: A pigeon can still make a deposit on a BMW.

4. Q: What is the difference between an investment banker and a large pizza?
A: The pizza can still feed a family of four.

5. Q: What is the capital of Iceland?
A: About US$3.50

6. I tried to get cash from the ATM today but it said "insufficient funds". I don't know if that meant them or me.

7. Mark Twain was ahead of the curve: "October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February.".

-Reuters.

I'd have posted the comics too, but I can't seem to find an online copy of it. It's on Page 27 of today's Sunday Times anyway. ;p

I sure am glad that teaching is an "iron" rice bowl. I think.

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 4:32 PM
1 Comments:
Blogger louist said...

famous last words! =O

12:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com