Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Chapter 371 - Books, Music & Life...
I'm currently mid-way through a few books - Midnight's Children (Salman Rushdie), Dogs don't bite when a growl will do, and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (Jonathan Safran Foer). The last book is the one that I'll probably finish first, given how intriguing it is. Written in the perspective of this nine-year old, it is every bit as interesting, and exciting, as watching the stock markets. ;p


Our fathers came out of the house and stood at the door, one of them asked, "What are we going to do?" I knew that our time together was almost over, I asked her if she liked sports, she asked me if I liked chess, I asked her if she liked fallen trees, she went home with her father, the center of me followed her, but I was left with the shell of me, I needed to see her again, I couldn't explain my need to myself, and that's why it was such a beautiful need, there's nothing wrong with not understanding yourself.


Indulge in the simple things in life. :)

-------------------------------

I'm Yours!

Speaking of indulging in the simple things in life:

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
My breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed
I guess what i be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue

Lyrics from "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz


It's the latest addition to my CD collection (well, together with Amy Winehouse actually... ;p)

-------------------------------

On life. Life sometimes has a funny way of working things out. In my previous post, I mentioned that I'll be going to India on a YEP. But right now we're debating on whether we want to fly budget, or not. It's a saving of S$500, so I'd say why not! But then, there're different opinions relating to the issue, and honestly, I can't really see eye-to-eye with many of the concerns (fear of luggage getting stolen, too much work booking hotels/accommodation..) Well, I'd rather save the $500, and use it to backpack around India, if you were to ask me. $500 would last me for more than 1 week in India!!! We're now putting it to a vote, as to which option the rest of the team prefers. *keeps fingers crossed* make the right choice!

Kenny is also learning how to ride! (as in a motorcycle). So exciting! Had a circuit revision lesson today, under the blazing hot sun (wasn't it BURNING today?). Considering my current CEP ("career end-point") is a HOD (head-of-department) [roflcopter], I decided to make myself more employable by getting a bike license, so I can be one of those MacDonald's or Pizza Hut delivery guys next time. ;p

[although apparently, Kenny was once upon a time riding without a license! oops. caught red-handed!]



Ok lah. this post is now officially "too long"! (and dinner awaits..... hungweeeeeeeee)

Labels: , ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:08 AM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com