Monday, November 17, 2008
Chapter 382 - A Working Student?
My uni has asked me to fill up this survey to find out what the fresh graduates are up to, 6 months after graduation. The first question asked what my employment status will be on 12 Jan 09, and the 2nd question asked if I will be training/studying. So, I said I will be "Employed & Paid, Full-Time" and "Yes" to studying and training. To that reply, I got the following response from the system:

Q2 - You cannot be employed full-time and involved in full-time study/training at the same time.


I was quite amused. Well, I guess NIE is pretty much the only institution in the world which offers paid training for teachers (or rather, MOE pays for it). I often find it a difficult question to answer, when people ask me if I'm working or studying - yes, and no?

That said, I've recently converted my M1 mobile plan to a student plan, so I guess I am a student. ;p

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 4:42 PM
2 Comments:
Blogger louist said...

hey i just did the same survey! at least, it had the exact same question, and the exact same error message haha. think it's a uk-wide survey?

and yeah i sometimes struggle with that question too. usually i'll reply that it's both, and i'm actually being paid while undergoing a one-year training programme. somehow 'training' boggles people less than 'studying'...

5:18 AM

 
Blogger yellowlemonie said...

yeah, i think it's uk-wide. they're trying to find out where the graduates from each university are at...

1:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com