Friday, June 29, 2007
Chapter 219 - Airports
Airports are such a faff...

Checking in at the Singapore Airlines counter today, I was almost charged for excess baggage. I suppose most overseas students will have a story or two to share about excess baggage. But what was really annoying and stupid is that i was told to remove 5kg of stuff from my check-in luggage, which of course went to my hand-carry luggage - so in the end, you still bring the same amount of stuff on board right?

Then also, in Singapore when we fly over, we are given a 40kg baggage allowance, whereas here, they can only STRETCH it to 30kg - meaning, somehow, along my year's worth of stay here, I lost 10kg worth of stuff. Yeah right. bitches

And of course, going through the security screening is yet another bit of faff. My check in baggage is FULL of wires, cables, and electronic items like my iPod, my camera, etc, so much so that when it goes through the X-ray machine, it inevitably will be pulled to the side for a full security check. And the most ironic thing I find is that, although they say hand-carry luggage is supposed to be 7kg, mine is obviously something like 12kg, but yet, they don't bat a single eye-lid about it. Hmm.

Also, what's this stupid rule about having just ONE bag at security screening? When I pass the security screening stage, I can still do my duty free shopping and head on board with 3, 4, 5 or more bags! Some rules are just dumbly enforced....

Some tips for airport check-in: make sure you wear the heaviest stuff you have. If you have a heavy overcoat, hold it in your hand or wear it. Swap your sneakers for the heaviest pair of boots. It saves that little bit of disagreement with the bitches counter staff.

See, a tired Kenny is also a bitchy Kenny.

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 9:53 AM
4 Comments:
Blogger louist said...

don't complain so much about the handcarry luggage - be glad most of us get off scott-free. one of my friends kena checked before, and was forced to pay £80 (or so) fine for overweight handcarry...

11:07 AM

 
Blogger boonleong said...

I ended up paying $100 for excess baggage on United back to Singapore... oh well.

4:40 AM

 
Blogger Gabriel Wu said...

hey, you seem to have boarded the same plane as me! was your flight sq0317???

Man, how could we have boarded the same plane and not met?

11:16 AM

 
Blogger yellowlemonie said...

hmm... looks like i got away yet again then... lesson learnt: never cave in to the counter staff.. ;p

gabriel: yupz, we were on the same flight indeed. i met aloysius at changi airport actually - we prob didn't meet cos i checked in and boarded really early... :)

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com