Monday, May 19, 2008
Chapter 335 - In the Navy
After 3 years of finishing my Naval Stint during NS, I still get excited when I see warships, so of course how could I miss catching the documentary Warship which was showing on Five (TV)?
Warship is a documentary, which is filmed on board HMS Illustrious (Pennant: R06), and follows the professional lives of the crew on board, during their four-month deployment. And this reminds me so much of my seven-week Midshipmen Sea Training Deployment (MSTD), which looking back, is almost 5 years now. But wow. I'd DIE to work on board an aircraft carrier and I haven't even had the chance to step on board one... :(

And Naval terms like "XO Rounds", where the executive officer inspects the cleanliness & hygiene on board the ship (and trust me, we do have an OBSESSION with cleanliness in the Navy), "Fire Fighting & Damage Control" (FFDC), Shore leave, Anti-flash gear, etc, still thrill me and gives that bit of adrenaline rush.

It's only been episode 1 today - I think there are about 4 episodes in all, and I'm already looking forward to the next episode.

(Hopefully this post won't be taken as me having a keen interest to go back and do reservist.... ;p)
Posted by yellowlemonie at 10:02 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com