Saturday, May 10, 2008
Chapter 331 - Genesis
The Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.


Today, God said, let there be a blackout, and Churchill College was shrouded in darkness for an entire hour.

It's kinda weird having a blackout. I walked out of the shower earlier, came back to my room, and all of a sudden, the lights went out. How fortunate that I was already out of the shower. Finding my clothes in the dark in the shower won't have been very fun. Blackouts are such strange things - it makes me think about what people used to do without electricity, and thing is we feel so lost and we don't know what to do - the internet was down, so no MSN, the lights were off, so no reading. Although I'm sure naughty things will be quite good in the dark. We shall find out 9 months later whether or not this has been true.

Blackout aside, I'm on my final lap to the exams now. On Wednesday, I had my last ever lecture in Cambridge - on the Large Hadron Collider & Murphy's law. It might be a little hyperbolic, but there're lots of stuff that my "last" in Cambridge right now - like my last (& only) blackout, my last supervision.... I'm so gonna miss this place when I leave.

Sighz. At least there are other things to look forward to as well. I'll be coxing my last set of bumps in the Men's 1st VIII - what an honour. We've got a race tomorrow, so I guess I shall be doing some reading now before heading off to bed.

[edit] in fact, there were another blackout soon after we came back. but that was just for 2 minutes... ;p [/edit]

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 10:53 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com