Thursday, September 22, 2005
Chapter 6 - The Land of Shakespeare
As I said earlier, next stop: Coventry/Warwick/Kenilworth/Stratford.. =)


So I woke up EARLY on the morning of the 22nd so I could catch bus 900 from Birmingham to Coventry to meet Junhui. =) And it was quite a long journey... About one and a half hours... On the way, I passed some farmland which kinda looked liked maize fields... it's aMAIZEing.. ;p Then when I reached Coventry, I was greeted by an excited Junhui who was to be my guide for the day.... And my guide had decided that we were gonna visit Stratford-upon-Avon, (ie. birthplace of Shakespeare) and we were gonna visit a teddy bear museum.. *gasp* haha...

Well, so we took a bus passing through Warwick Uni, Kenilworth (where Junhui was staying), and finally we reached Stratford...
(Corrie: This picture's for u... ;p)

We had lunch this.... cafe place... and anyway, it's so interesting when I went to the toilets and found that there was door labelled "Ladies" and to its right, there was this door with no sign but with a see-through glass window and there on the wall behind the door, I was greeted by the words "DUREX". Yeah. I thought.. "wow.. what a way to mark a men's toilet... ;p" Oops, I digress....

After lunch, we visited the Teddy Bear Museum... =)
Which was quite cool, but not the museum bit sadly.. I tot the merchandise shop was more interesting.. Haha.. They even had a teddy bear wearing a kimono which is supposed to mimic "Madama Butterfly" (it's an opera by Puccini)And this is the part where Kenny says: Teddy Bear 高过小男孩!(OK. If you didn't get it, TOO BAD!)

We walked to the river Avon thereafter.. where there were lots of ducks and swans...
And I daresay the pigeons were feeling quite left out... Cos the ducks and swans were like wading and playing in the water whereas the pigeons could only stand on the sidewalks... Poor pigeons... Orh... And we went for a boat cruise! Quite fun... We basically sit in a boat and they take us up and down the river and we take in the scenic sights along the river...

Junhui on the boat having her tea.. (And I'm sure Junhui's gonna kill me for using the picture.. haha.. You've gotta come to Cambridge to kill me then... ;p)

This photo has been hereby christened "The Bench". No reproduction of the works without prior permission of the photographer (That's me!) is allowed.

More nice shots along the river....

And that pretty much concludes Stratford, cos we headed back to Kenilworth, where I got to dump my 15kg backpack that I've been carrying around and we headed for Warwick Uni... I must say Warwick Uni's a nice and modern place... Really spacious too.. We had dinner at this cafe called Xanana's and we played abit of pool before freezing out at the busstop cos the bus schedules were ridiculously inaccurate (Welcome to the UK!).

The adventures of Coventry/Warwick/Kenilworth/Stratford ends here with Kenny setting off back to London, via Birmingham the very next morning........... zzzzZZZZZ
Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:02 PM
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO PRETTY! am feeling bimbotic and groupie-ish now (over shakespeare). hahaha. the swan is quite gorgeous. and so is the teddybear museum.

(amaizeing tres bad pun, btw. ahahha.)

take care, you!!

luv, corrie

9:22 AM

 
Blogger yellowlemonie said...

haha.. are you sure you don't feel that way everyday? *grinz*

=) well.. i'll be hoping to write again soon!

1:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com