Thursday, January 25, 2007
Chapter 171 - ALOHA! (Part II)

Day 3 - 22 Dec 06



Snorkelling at Hanauma Bay

On this very day, Xiayi, Mark and I decide to go snorkelling, while Boon has gone off diving and Shanlong to the Iolani Palace. It was the perfect day (almost) to go snorkelling, with the sun out in its full glory.

A picture of us on the beach. Scandalously, this photo looks like I wasn't wearing anything! I was wearing a pair of trunks, which magically disappeared in this picture. ;p

Did I say it was a beautiful day yet?

Snorkelling was damn fun man.. It was my first time snorkelling and I loved it, except that the water was a little too cold for my liking. But it's pretty amazing, the marine life you see. Too bad I don't have pictures to show for it. I have to go to Tioman or something now.... maybe even take up diving! ;p

A trio at the end of the day, looking significantly tanner.....

Bottom fishing!

In the evening, we made a booking to go out fishing, for once, something all five of us went for. :) It was fun to say the least, watching the sunset into the ocean, and the city lights come on. We even got to catch fireworks from the sea. (Apparently the Hyatt or some hotel has fireworks every week).

Kenny's catch! Kenny caught about 3 fishes in total. Although not quite the marlins I thought we were going for.... ;p

Here's what I'd call a three-some.

Day 4 - 23 Dec 06



Day 4 was what we called OTOT (ie. Own time own target) day. Shanlong, Mark and I had brunch at IHOP, which they've not had yet apparently.

A rather unglam shot of Mark and Shanlong in IHOP.

Then Mark & I wanted to go to the Iolani Palace, but we decided not to go in, cos it was too expensive for a visit to a small bungalow (USD12!!) But we took photos of it nonetheless...



More chilling at the beach after that. (yes, our itinerary was something like, eat, chill on beach, more beach stuff, eat, sleep.. hehe)

Dinner was at this place called "Side Street Inn" and it's worth mentioning cos it's DAMN BLOODY GOOD! We had the recommendation from our guidebook Fodor's, and sure enough, it was worth our visit. It serves the darndest bestest pork chops and fried rice, which is out of the world.............................. (series of dots before this indicates salivation)

Shanlong with a prized piece of pork chop. Thinking of it now makes me really hungry.... I wanna have Side Street Inn again!!!!!!!

Labels: , , ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 5:11 PM
3 Comments:
Blogger boonleong said...

You are in the Hanauma Bay photo meh? Or are some of your photos not loading?

9:30 PM

 
Blogger yellowlemonie said...

i am wad... patience boon, patience... ;p haha... :)

9:49 PM

 
Blogger boonleong said...

They load on Windows but not UNIX... strange.

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com