Friday, January 12, 2007
Chapter 165 - Reminiscing
Some time back just before I left for my trip to the US, an email popped up mysteriously in my inbox. Turns out to be an email that my friend had sent to me TWO YEARS back, and contained the group photos of my first ever camp as an instructor. Brought back memories man.... It was a Primay 5 schoolcamp for Northland Primary at our Sentosa campsite.

When I first showed this photo to my mum, she was like ”eh, 你不在里面“ (i.e you are not inside!) and when I told her I was, she was like, "huh, 你在哪里?看不到leh" and then finally she found me inside the photo. So yes, I've managed to camouflage myself quite well.. hehe.

I remember this camp for a few reasons. 1. it was my first camp and i was quite excited about it (i am still excited about every camp i do though). 2. i learnt quite a few stuff and met quite a few people at this camp. 3. the 11-year-olds were soooo excited to get on the monorail, that i let them and so cute, they were waving to everyone we went by (at a speed of about 0.1km/h) so sad the monorail got shut down, now what will kids of today have memories of? got some more reasons lah, which i wrote in my little diary and stored inside my head. :)

I also remember panicking for what to teach the kids to do for the campfire with only 1 day to go. (Especially for P5 camps, quite a lot of time, the instructor are like the parents helping the kids do homework like that, must teach them what to do for campfire one...) So thankfully, we had a partner group and mine was Ying's group and she was teaching her group to sing the Ping Pong ball song. It goes to the tune of Jingle Bells (although not the whole sequence) and goes like this:

"Ping pong balls, ping pong balls, hanging on the wall,
one big big, one small small, hanging on the wall.
small one fifty cents, big one fifty cents, and if you want a big big one, also fifty cents,
HEY! Ping pong balls, ping pong balls, hanging on the wall,
one big big, one small small, hanging on the wall."

It still brings a cheer when I think about it, and I think it's possibly one of the things i still remember now... Oh, those days...

The instructors' photo! Lost contact with most of them after the camp though, although some of us eventually worked together for other camps after that.

-----------------------------

Yes, i'm on to the Prison Break craze now. I almost went into a fit just now when I realised that I couldn't find episode 13 on my harddisk! haha.. It's good it's good... :)

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:28 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com