Thursday, January 04, 2007
Chapter 162 - I *Heart* New York!
I better start writing about my NY trip before I forget all about it... hehe... :) And I think I shall skip all the boring day-by-day accounts for this bit, cos I spent most of my time (and money) visiting friends in their respective Unis.

Victim Host #1:
Pierre-Andre Salim
Yale University (Yale School of Drama)


quite an unglam shot i must say... this photo was taken at this kopitiam called "Yankee Doodle", where we had breakfast.

So this is the Pierre you hear me mention sporadically in my blog (refer to last 2 entries). We first worked with each other for Madama Butterfly, and for some reason, there's a looooooooong story to tell most times I work with Pierre... (hmm. Cabaret? haha) I wonder why. :)

Interesting Fact about Pierre: Other than sharing a passion for theatre, Pierre also takes an interest in Pebble(s), unlike rocks for me. ;p

Host #2:
Corrie Tan
Brown University


Corrie showing her collage of photos on her wall. I told her it's gonna hell removing all of them. ;p I only managed to keep mine on the wall for one term as well. But yes, we met while working for Madama Butterfly. (Apr '05)

Anyway, by some freak chance, I met up with Shouyi in Brown, who's like a long-lost friend - we knew each other in Pri.6 (ie.since 1996) and didn't quite keep in contact since then.

Interesting Fact about Corrie: oh no, can't think of any... maybe she's not interesting? *gasp* haha. Corrie is gonna be a journalist, and in fact wrote some articles in Life! a few months back, if anyone remembers reading article by her....

Host #3:
Xiayi
Harvard University


The trouble with getting people to take pictures for you is that most of the time, it doesn't turn out the way you want it to and it's too hard to explain.... ;p

This photo taken with one of the supposed landmarks at Harvard. By visiting Harvard, I've also made the visit to the other Cambridge in the US. (hurray!) This trip was somewhat a prelude to the Hawai'i trip, since we were to rendezvous there again.

Interesting Fact about Xiayi: She's an excellent cook and also a vegan. As a meat-lover, i'm not sure how that works out. But meat... yummy...

Host #4:
Laura Tsang
Johns Hopkins University


The first and only MOE scholar in the US - that must mean something. Again, this is the typical shot to be taken when visiting JHU. It's of the something tower, a name which I cannot remember right now.

Interesting Fact about Laura: Laura's also a fellow anime fan, except I think she's a bigger one at that than me, even reading some of the manga. We watched Ghost in the Shell, which i found to be quite cheem, while I was visiting.

-------

my next post, hopefully soon, will be highlights of my trip to New York (which actually is a summary for saying that I visited about 6 states in 9 days). stay tuned!

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:55 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com