Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Chapter 220 - A Tribute to the National Stadium
One of the first things I did when i got back to Singapore, other than gorge myself on food, and feeling really hot and sticky, was heading to the National Stadium for its closing ceremony, which included a match between Singapore and Australia (which we lost of course... ;p).

I must say I'm surprised a number of my friends haven't actually been to the National Stadium before... Personally I've been there donkey times - for National Day Parade, supporting the Singapore Lions during the Malaysia Cup time (which was donkey years ago), National Track & Field (which I never ran.. haha), and even just to do administrative stuff (read: Boring meetings for the IOC meeting thingy...). So i suppose i am quite familiar with the Stadium... Nonetheless, I wonder what the new stadium will be like....

The antique LED display screens

Distinctive flood lights

Disappointing fireworks were mostly what people complained about. There were about as "bursts" as the number of hair on Snoopy's head.

Fireworks shots were shot handheld, hence explains why it's slightly blur...

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 3:14 PM
1 Comments:
Blogger gums said...

yo kenny! i was there too! was sitting just under where the fireworks were so i guess that experience was better for me. sticky and gross in spore is definitely right...ack!

6:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com