Monday, October 15, 2007
Chapter 250 - Hit & Run!
I've not really noticed how quickly the last few days have gone by actually.... I'd just zoned in and stayed with the tiny kenny-sphere and time passes by real quick when I do that, for some reason. ;p

Daddy-long legs
A daddy-long leg got lost in my room the other day! And gave me the opportunity to make use of my macro lens.

To be exact, this is actually a crane fly. I thought it was quite interesting, cos on close examination (with kenny on all fours), it's amazing the amount of detail you can make out - such as the halteres on its back (i'm impressed i actually remember stuff from my first year Evolution & Behaviour lectures... ;p)

Yes, those lollipop-looking stuff are halteres.

Terry Pratchett Book Signing!
After queueing for about 3.5 hours in Borders, Darryl and I finally got Terry Pratchett's latest book "Making Money" signed by none other than Terry Pratchett himself. (duhz, who else right..) Of course, we both thought it was quite amusing that the book signing is for "Making Money".... (geddit? ;p) Poor Terry must have been exhausted by the end of the day, cos the book-signing started at 1pm, was supposed to last till 2pm, and we arrived at Borders at 12.50pm and only got our books signed at 4.20pm. So yes, he did actually have to work for his money...

Darryl's 10-second of fame with Terry Pratchett.

And my turn! (*blames Darryl for not focusing properly... haha*)

CUMSA Amazing Race

On Saturday (13 Oct), there was also this event called the Amazing Race organised by CUMSA. To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to it, having organised and facilitated countless "Amazing Races" in Singapore myself... (yes, i might have beeen one of those people you see running around Sentosa or the CBD area with a bunch of sweaty teenagers) And this one was actually quite simple lah. We had to go to various locations, perform a task, which we have to obtain photographic evidence of.....

Outside Trinity College. We were supposed to take a picture with "The TREE", which if you didn't know, is supposed to be some (possibly distant) relative of the apple tree, which smacked Isaac Newton on the head (not the tree, the apple), and voila! Gravity was born...

This was supposed to be looking excited, while waiting for the bus to Heathrow, having not gone home in a year. You can tell how HAPPY i was... ;p

It's been a while since I've done stupid things like this:

so yes, this pretty much concludes the highlights of the past week. I need to get started on academic work apparently, cos I'm fairly behind at the moment.. Hmmz.

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:36 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com