Friday, February 01, 2008
Chapter 287 - Choir Boys
A series of short and random posts I'm afraid. Can't help it that much really... ;p

I was at Xi-lin's place today and we were watching tele after dinner, and we watched "The Choir: Boys Don't Sing" - a documentary about this guy called Gareth, who goes to Lancaster school and tries to revive the choir and the singing culture in the school. It's a sort of teacher-type reality drama you might say. It's actually really inspiring I though, to see the trials and tribulations of a (musical) educator. (I'm not even gonna try and describe it, cos I think I really suck at that).

There's a brief blurb on it at the BBC website. Unfortunately, I don't think it's out on DVD yet, but maybe someone will rip it off TV, so you might find it somewhere... But it's definitely worth getting a copy of. I hope I manage to catch part 2 of 4 next week (it's 1/4 today).

And on the topic of educators, I've started a placement at The Netherhall School! Very excited about it. I went there on Tuesday and it was such a wonderful feeling to be back in a school. It was very similar to what I did during my last summer break when I was attached to Dunman Sec - had a wonderful time there as well. :) So yes, I'll be there till the rest of this term, so I'll keep updating.

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:55 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com