Saturday, January 19, 2008
Chapter 279 - Saturday Night Fever
I wonder what got into me, but I seem to be working quite hard tonight... for once... =X And there was a fly in my room earlier. These annoying things like to fly into my room, and then don't know how to go out, so they just buzz left and buzz right. And all I can hear when I was doing my work was this buzzing. In the end, the solution was to open my door, since it was much bigger than my window, and also in its "flight path". Phew.

I managed to do quite a few things today in fact, like doing my good deed of the day, by helping this old Chinese lady at the post office to (try and) renew her travelcard, though it turns out they no longer do it at the post office, and she was referred to the City Council. I wonder how she'd have coped if I didn't happen to be there, because she speaks not a word of english, and she's apparently 80 years old (though very fit still).

I also coxed a race this morning (Cambridge Winter Head-to-Head), as well as playing Ultimate Frisbee for college (we beat Johns 13-0... muahahaha. though they were a pretty novice-ish team, so no kick lah). It's been a while since I played Ultimate for college, though i attend their training sessions every once in a while.

[edit] Getting stung by nettles is not fun. My pinkie still hurts from getting stung this morning. If you've not been stung by nettles/thistles/etc, I suggest you try it at least once... It's an experience.. :) [/edit]

And to procrastinate to express myself creatively, I took some photos of the stuff in my room. A little blurred cos my room is relatively dark...

My faithful Stitch.. who's been "hanging on" forever...

My springy pirate ship. I bought this in Czech (in Pilsen) last Easter... very nice.. I like... ;p

And finally, my guardian angel. I bought this in Singapore before I came to the UK. It's hand-painted in Germany apparently. Cost me something like S$50 then, though it's tiny, but i really like it....

It's time for some bedtime anime now. I'm pretty exhausted actually. And the wind is STILL howling outside...

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:55 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com