Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Chapter 290 - Still Foggy
It's STILL foggy now. That's more than 24 hours of fog already. It's the worst fog of my 3 years in Cambridge and the only other time I've seen fog this thick was when i was in Venice in Dec 2005, resulting in my flight being cancelled (and my rock being confiscated, though the latter not a result of the fog... ;p)

To give you an idea of how thick it is:
When I was cycling to the boathouse this morning at 6.10am. It's a little out of focus too I think. =X

While we were out - the visibility was really down to less than 100 metres. It certainly was stressful steering the boat through the fog, the worry not so much about crashing into the banks (since I'm fairly familiar with the river), but crashing into other crews ahead, who might be coming the wrong way (as they often do.. idiots!) or stopped and not pulled in (idiots!)

[edit]Fog is a cloud in contact with the ground. Fog differs from other clouds only in that fog touches the surface of the Earth. The same cloud that is not fog on lower ground may be fog where it contacts higher ground such as hilltops or mountain ridges. Fog is distinct from mist only in its density. Fog is defined as cloud which reduces visibility to less than 1 km, whereas mist is that which reduces visibility to less than 2 km.
-source Wikipedia[/edit]

I actually have a few other things I can write about, but I shall save that for tomorrow. The busiest part of my term has finally passed (i think...), and today happens to be EXACTLY half way through this term. DAMN FAST! :( Today shall be my slack and watch anime day - I haven't had much of this lately...

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 9:59 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com