Sunday, September 25, 2005
Chapter 8 - Musicals Galore!
So I finally got back to London on the night of the 23rd... And then on the 24th, I met up with Pierre (Mr Pay-Top-Priced-Tix-For-All-Musicals guy) and Fraser (maestro!) for lunch at Pizza Express. Thereafter, I decided, since I was in London, why not go for some musicals? Afterall, I won't be in London much in a few days' time... So, I went to get tix... Managed to get Les Misérables tix for the 2.30pm Matinee at 2.15pm, and then hurried down to the theatre for the show. (Paid £22.05 for the tix but wasn't fantastic seats).

That's the theatre that Les Misérables runs in... It's a nice cosy theatre... Les Misérables was REALLY good I must say... Really enjoyed it.. And I really liked the "I Dreamed a Dream" song sung by the little Fantine... Oh... her voice was so... enchanting.... and sweet.... *faints* And the actors were good too.. Like Valjean and Javert....

And then after Les Misérables, I decided that I shall go for yet another musical... so went shopping for tix.. and because it was a a Saturday night, most of the better shows were already sold out... and I could only be content with Fame - The Musical... Paid £27 for stall seats, fifth row from the front.. That's a really good buy... And I didn't realise that I've watched Fame in Singapore (with a mediocre Australian cast) until I walked into the theatre and saw...

But... having said that, I enjoyed it much more this time around because the cast was much better and their energies were so high you could feel the heat from where you were... And that pretty much concludes my stay in London, where the only other interesting stuff worth mentioning was some Harley Davidson thingy that involved hundreds of Harleys just driving through the streets... Cool... vroom vroom!

Posted by yellowlemonie at 2:51 AM
2 Comments:
Blogger LavanyaLea said...

did u watch marry poppins in soho with pierre? he told me he bought ALL the souvenirs from marry poppins, and for the next few months he kept talking abt marry poppins (and how much he spent that night on marry poppings!)


-adeline-

7:13 PM

 
Blogger yellowlemonie said...

unfortunately I didn't... pierre bought his tix before I knew about it... though i did remember wondering what the fuss was about mary poppins until i caught it myself (http://theadventuresofkenny.blogspot.com/2007/01/chapter-161-supercalifragilisticexpiali.html), then I understood what he meant... you should catch it if you haven't already - it only runs till jan 12!

although i actually did buy quite a number of the souvenirs for myself as well - like a mug, the story book and the poster... ;p

10:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com