Sunday, November 20, 2005
Chapter 29 - London Once More!
Kenny goes to London once more... =)
After lectures on Saturday, Kenny heads down to the railway station with Jason to head down to London... Just to get away from Cambridge for a while basically... haha... and also to meet up with some friends.... But for me, it was also to catch another West end show, and this time, it was to be "The Phantom of the Opera"...

Well, I reached the ticket booth at 2.10 and managed to get the VERY LAST ticket for the matinee show... which I thought was quite lucky, otherwise it'd have been a wasted trip.. I paid £30 for a £47.50 ticket which was 3rd row from the front in the stalls, which I must say was an EXCELLENT seat.... got to "Her Majesty's" theatre with like 5 minutes to go...

Anyway, I am incredibly, absolutely astounded and fascinated by The Phantom of the Opera... there were so many moments during the show that made my jaws drop in awe and wonder at how they managed to do those stuff on stage. It was really incredible. Given the chance (& money), I'd definitely watch it again... As Pierre said, it's like wah! got "lake", got rowing boat, got chandelier falling, got people falling, got people disappearing, it was simply..... an experience beyond words...

Well, and we all know how Harry Potter is quite a big thing in London.. afterall the setting was in London right? So, when our train pulled into King's Cross station, we (Jason n I) had to find the legendary Platform 9 3/4... And indeed, oblivious muggles around didn't quite notice the presence of the platform....

And I even got a chance to go into the Platform! haha... although I have no pictures to show for it.... cos Hogwart's Express wasn't there that day anyway.... ;p

Here's Jason copying what I did earlier... hahaha... ;p

And of course the movie seems to be a really big thing and there's like posters and billboards everywhere... And I'm watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on MONDAY! woohoo! I'm watching it with Society Nine and Three-Quarters... (aka Harry Potter Society..)... [yes.. Cambridge University, (one of) the finest universities in the world (we're better than Oxford at least... ;p), has a Harry Potter society]

And I just thought of a new oxymoron... Muggle Society.... since Muggles won't know they're muggles, there can't be a muggle society can there? =)
Posted by yellowlemonie at 7:35 PM
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I shall boast to you that I've worked for Phantom Of The Opera. :)

Pierre was right you know...it was beyond words.

-hidy

8:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com