Sunday, September 17, 2006
Chapter 136 - In Transit
I am now in transit at the Bangkok International Airport where I have a 3 hour wait for my next flight and I am spending money to kill time, ie. surfing away at the cybercafe. In the meantime, I thought i'd write something about the things I've observed during my last few flights...

------

On Crossing into Daylight
I recall talking to Ying on MSN sometime back before I went to Hungary about how the air stewardess would ask us to shut the windows whenever we crossed from darkness into light. I've not experienced it myself although I've heard of it. So on my flight back to Singapore (SQ flight), and we were about to be delivered from the darkness, I asked the stewardess why we had to shut the windows (cos they only told us we were approaching daybreak). I thought it would be some sophiscated scientific reason like, "Oh, so that the passengers won't become disoriented" or maybe be told of a ghost story on a plane, or something. But to my question, i got the reply, "Because it will be very bright." hehe.

------

On Landing
On my recent trip to Hungary on Turkish airline, I had to make a transit in Istanbul and took a total of 4 flights there and back. Of two out of the 4 flights, there was applause and noticeable cheering when the rubber tyres hit the solid tarmac ground. It was as if the passengers on board had not expected to land, and were jubilant that we were actually safely on the ground.

------

On Service
Thai Airways definitely wins the SMILES service award, beating Singapore Airlines by a fair bit. It wasn't that the service on SIA was bad, but it's just that you couldn't feel the sincerity. (Boy am I a difficult customer!) This is is contrast to Thair Airways where they were genuinely happy to serve you! And they were really generous on serving wine too, I recall them going round at least 5 times offering red and white wine - of which, i had to decline 5 times... hehe..

And not to mention, the air stewardesses of Thai Airways are pretty, without the thick make-up of a certain other airline. *cough* (yeah, i'll be tempted to fly to Bangkok on Thai Airways on TG410 again soon.... ;p eye candy aplenty)

-----

ok. i think i shall go grab a drink at the cafe to kill some more time and not let this EXPENSIVE cybercafe suck me dry of my baht. :) Take carez and i'll write again soon!
Posted by yellowlemonie at 5:40 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com