Thursday, February 21, 2008
Chapter 294 - Mooooooveeeeeeesss
Over the last few weeks, I managed to watch a few movies, mostly on DVD, and I've enjoyed most of them...

Powaqqatsi - Life in Transformation
I watched it as part of the CUUNA film screening. It's quite an interesting film about the developing world. It has no dialogue, no actors, only great cinematography and music. If you think you've seen all the "developing world images", then you're wrong, cos most of the scenes shown were so raw, and quite eye-opening. It's still quite relevant even though this film is twenty-years old...


High School Musical(again!)
Haha... I just had to watch it again. And of course, I discovered that Leon is a fan of it as well....
(referenced to this post)

That Thing You Do
(oh my... Liv Tyler...)

Oh classic show. Got inspired to watch it again after my Sec 1/2 classmates formed a Facebook group for our lower sec class. We performed to "That Thing You Do" during assembly (i think it might have been during the JRIC - Junior Rafflesian Investiture Ceremony) then.... Memories.... =)

Palm Blossom
A Korean "coming of age" film. By coming of age, they meant lots of sex. A little disturbing though I thought. If you watch it, you'd understand. What's with this "love" for older women man?

I guess my favourite coming of age film is still "the Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys" - go watch it if you haven't already...

Secret (不能说的秘密)
WAH! Finally caught the Jay Chou show.. To be honest, I really liked it, not so much for the story line I guess and I'm probably just romanticising anyway, but what the heck... it's nice to escape reality once in a while...

桂綸鎂(Kwai Lun-Mei or Gui Lunmei) - she's so pretty! So worth your money just to go and watch her... haha...

yubikiri... And I really enjoyed the piano/music pieces as well. No wonder it won Best Original Film Song at the 44th Golden Horse Awards.... well done!

Labels:

Posted by yellowlemonie at 8:23 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com