Sunday, June 01, 2008
Chapter 344 - The Forgotten Journals
I was gonna post-process some of the photos from my Norway trip during the Easter break, and then I realised I haven't posted most of them here! How silly of me! ;p If you need a recap of my last post on Norway, I'd suggest you check THE ARCHIVES (as i did...)

OSLO
This is supposed to be an outdoor skating rink - but it's not cold enough in April, and you'd be skating on pretty thin ice if you tried to. There're lots of these bronze statues around this park area though, kinda reminds me of the bronze scultures along Singapore River, if you know what i'm referring to.

The Oslo Cathedral - which is under construction/restoration/renovation. But fear not, there's a "container" chapel in place of the cathedral, in case people needed a place of worship during this period.

I was also approached by a evangelical lady from the Seventh-Day Adventist Church during my stay in Oslo... And amazingly, she didn't have an English language brochure with her (although she had Mandarin, German AND Russian), so we just ended chatting about what I was doing in Oslo, and how she was from Bergen.

The Fram Museum. The Fram is a polar ship, which navigated the poles. It was quite an amazing feat, and I think it probably is to this day, to be able to get that close of the North Pole. And I'd imagine it was pretty depressing when they got stuck in the arctic winter, being landlocked by ice. (well, just FYI, the arctic winter isn't just cold. It's dark. for 6 whole months)

The Fram again...

And a low-angle shot...

I will write on Tromso in the next post....

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 9:35 PM
1 Comments:
Blogger gums said...

yes! i know which bronze statues you're referring to...my friend happened to pose with both her palms on the unfortunate female's bum! :P she was asking for it really...

8:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com