Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Chapter 347 - Inability to Write
You might have noticed my recent inability to write - mostly due to:

-having to wake up at 7am, i.e. having to sleep by 12midnight. even then, it means i'm REALLY tired by the time it's 9pm

But I've just finished my placement today! Hurray! Again, having to bid farewell to so many people. In fact, I was apparently missed in one class today already. ("Where's Sir?" -yes, they address teachers as Sirs & Miss here...)

And here's a conversation I had with one of my Yr9 students today:

Jack: "Sir, where's Mr Wood? Are you taking over Mr Wood?"
(Mr Wood is my teacher mentor and he was away this morning)
Kenny: "No I'm not - in fact, it's my last day today."
Jack: *disappointed look* "It's your last day? Where are you going?"
Kenny: "Well, i'm just finishing my degree, and I've still got to finish my teacher training before I can start teaching. I think by the time I finish my training, you'll all be gone..."

Jack thinks for a moment, goes back to his seat, and comes back to me.

Jack: "Sir, how long is your teacher training?"
Kenny: "Just one year."
Jack: "Oh, so maybe you can still come back and teach us! We'll be in Yr11 then."
Kenny: "hmm. Maybe, maybe..."

How can I break the news that that won't be possible right? But very sweet nonetheless, bearing in mind that this is a fairly challenging class to teach...

Of course, on the other hand, one of the Yr10 students said I had my pimp shirt on today, which I thought was quite amusing - it's a very nice shirt of course... ;p But this was the same guy who said I looked like a gangster in my suit too, so... well... I think I'd prefer gangster to pimp of course... haha

My parents are arriving in 2 days' time! In a flurry to settle ALL the last minute admin work - it's crazy! So much stuff to sort out.... :(
Posted by yellowlemonie at 12:17 AM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com