Monday, June 02, 2008
Chapter 345 - A Busy Week
This week is looking to be absolutely packed for me - packed with my school placement and coxing - both of which occupies my every waking moment. Take today for example - I woke up at 7.30am, cycled to school, and got there at 8.20am, left at 4.45pm, came back to college, got changed, and went coxing. Got back around 8.30pm. Well, it's gonna be like this pretty much this entire week. I was trying to find time to do some of my own things, and realised I've only got 2 hours today (which I used to attend a meeting in school), and 2 hours on Wednesday afternoon. Boohoo.

[as an interesting aside: my mentor and i walked into a class today to look for a teacher, and guess what the lesson was? sex education! and how did I know it? well, initially i thought i saw a really phallic looking salt grinder. And then I realised, it WAS a phallus (oh, how refined i am.... call it dick if you prefer. ;p)! And the reason they were having a dick in hand, other than being really naughty, is because they were learning how to roll a condom over it! gee. that's something we don't do in Singapore huh... though in Singapore, hmm... esp if it was a same-sex school!]

[oh, and also, i encounter a lot of new terms (non-subject related ones mostly), so I just nod and act like I know... lol. Like I attended this ENTIRE PSHE class, not knowing what the hell PSHE stood for. you can't blame me - they were learning how to write their CVs! (plus, it's NEVER my fault... ;p). And now I know. PSHE = Personal, Social & Higher Education. It's a bit like our CME I guess.... or the closest I can't describe it to.]

Oh, and this school placement is something I opted to do on my own - not MOE-directed in any way. I thought it'd be quite useful to get some ground experience from a school here, since the system here is quite different. Thus far, it's been really enjoyable. And somewhat more intensive than my school attachment last July at Dunman. (omg - i was actually funny once upon a time!)

And something to kickstart your Tuesday:
ERP comes to Pedra Branca!

And I missed Warship last week - so sad. And I also missed the first half of it today cos I was watching House. Still 30 minutes of it was awesomeness...

Kenny swoons over the HMS Illustrious... Sweeeeeeeet.....

The other members of the fleet.

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 11:09 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com