Sunday, June 08, 2008
Chapter 346 - Happy (& Tiring) times
Happy Times
(i'm meant to have pictures accompanying these accounts, except I haven't got them/I can't seem to get them loaded)
1. I went sculling on Friday in a double! And I didn't fall in! It can be quite intimidating, especially if you're a beginner sculler as I am. Thank goodness I had Sheila in the boat helping me along!

2. I received the most lovely present on Friday too! It's a water colour painting/print of all the boathouses along the River Cam and it's nicely framed up. I almost paid £125 or so, once upon a time, when the Cambridge Blue (a pub) was closing down and they were auctioning off a similar painting/drawing! It was a present from the lovely X-Press (Saturday) ladies as a thank-you and farewell gift! Thank you soooooo much!

3. I played Ultimate (Frisbee) yesterday and scored two - of which one was a spectacular dive. And may I add that it was such an awesome match, against St John's... We won 13-6 or something like that. Well, the rush of endorphins left me high for a while. :)

4. Was coxing the X-Press 4 at the Peterborough Regatta - we won it by a "country mile"! And it was such a pity I couldn't stay and cox the finals, cos I had to come back to Cambridge for my boat club AGM (yay! i've got a successor and I can hand over!). They came in 2nd in the end - and even did a push for Kenny. Considering we were the underdogs going into this event, we've done an amazing job!

But such tiring times as well. I've not slept in past 7.15am for an entire week. Even have to be up at 6.30am for the next 2 days. :( I'm almost ready for bed now at 10.20pm.

On the bright side, I'll be going on a school trip to the Imperial War Museum in London on Tuesday! swweeeeeeeet! And I've been on the bright side for a little too long today, and have gotten a little sun burnt.

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 10:02 PM
1 Comments:
Blogger gums said...

=) enjoy the sunburn for me. it's getting wintery here!

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com