Monday, September 26, 2005
Chapter 9 - The Great Migration
On the morning of the 26th, Kenny prepares to leave London for Cambridge... But before he does that, he's gotta meet up with some of the Londoners for breakfast first....

The Last Breakfast (in London)

Ok, and moving on, Maestro Fraser had very kindly offered to send Kenny to Cambridge, and that was really helpful because getting onto a train with a backpack, haversack, laptop bag, plastic bag and a suitcase is by far a task meant only for Hercules...

And here's Fraser who's also holding a copy of Mozart's Symphony for Two Pianos (which he'll be playing in a few week's time) standing beside his nice blue Citroen.... And thus began the arduous journey from London...

47 miles to the promised land... Took us about an hour and a half before I finally set food on Churchill College...

Where I proudly stand outside the Porter's Lodge having collected my keys... and then set off to...

Staircase 47 where my room was supposed to be... And well... when I opened my room, I was shocked, stunned, astonished *gasp* to find that my room was already occupied! Haiz... so anti-climax... Well, anyway, to cut the long story short, I was put in another room just above mine for a week until my occupant had moved out...

So, we set off for town where I got some of my rations and electrical items like a kettle for my room... =) And after a long day of shopping, we gather back in my room, where now equipped with a kettle and tea, we were ready to enjoy a cup of nice English tea...
Posted by yellowlemonie at 3:08 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com