Saturday, March 29, 2008
Chapter 313 - Norway
I've gotten to Norway safely and on time. Having been here for the past 24 hours, here are some of my first thoughts:

1. It's bloody expensive! I spent some £50 on the first day, not doing very much. And by not doing very much, I mean just taking the bus from the airport to the city and getting a hostel for the night. And that's already £50. It seems like pasta and bread will be my best friend on this trip. ;p

2. Brrr... it's cold. Well, you would think that it's spring, but it's not. And England is nothing like Norway in terms of the weather. Had to battle wind and rain yesterday standing at the harbour taking photos.

3. Museums, museums and more museums. In Oslo at least. Lots of them. Went to two today - the Fram museum (it's a ship designed to sail in the polar regions) and the Maritime museum. The former was a lot more interesting and value for money though.

Will try and find time to upload pictures soon. I'll be camping at the airport tonight, since my flight's early tomorrow (my excuse) and the clocks are going forward tonight as well (don't forget to reset your watches!)

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 5:20 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com