Tuesday, June 05, 2012
Chapter 426 - Finding the Lost Memories
Today I went down to the Traffic Police HQ to meet the investigation officer (IO) for my case (Vilton).

I had called the day before to make the appointment to meet him at 2pm. I arrived in time for the appointment at 1.50pm. When I called Vilton, he asked if I was in a hurry. I said no, although my tone was to imply that I don't like to be waiting unnecessary. He said he will take about 30 minutes, and said he will try to get his colleague to meet me instead. I was told to wait at Level 2.

About 5 minutes later, I received a call from Vilton, and he said that his colleagues were at the blood donation drive at level 3, and will take about 30 minutes. I said, no worries, I will wait. (I mean I'm already there right?) I waited for 30 minutes. No one came. Another 10 minutes. Still no sign of my name being called. People around me came and left, after meeting with their IOs. I seemed only poor soul in the room who had noone tending to him. :(

By 2.45pm, I've played enough games of Bejeweled Blitz, surfed through enough Facebook profiles, read all the articles on the Straits Times app, and I thought I'd give it abit more time and "tahan" till 3pm before I called him again. Since I've already waited 55 minutes, another 15 minutes can't hurt right?

So just before 3pm, Vilton returned with another colleague. (Of course, at that time, I did not know it was him). He went into his office and came out with my file and called my name. Finally. Instead of apologising for making me wait like an idiot for 1hr 10 minutes, he proceeded to settle the "paperwork" with me. "I need you to sign here and here for your to collect your bike. You can collect your bike from here. *gestures to map*" Facepalm man. Ok, I guess I was glad to be able to collect that bike at that time, so I wasn't really pissed. But thinking back, I think he owed me an apology and explanation for why he was so late. Refer to previous post for more descriptions on him.

Anyway, I also asked him some questions about the accident. Apparently, there was a witness - the pedestrian who was supposed to cross the road. He/She said that the other motorcycle had stopped, and I'd tried to stop, but didn't manage to stop in time and thus crashed into the other motorcycle. That's as best a description I could get about the accident. So basically my fault lah. But why I didn't manage to stop in time is a mystery. Also, guess what bike I crashed into? A Harley Davidson! I think maybe I was looking at the bike and didn't notice that he was stopping, and maybe I fainted after that in awe. Who knows. haha.

After my 5 minute encounter with my IO, I took a cab down to the Traffic Police vehicle pound to collect my motorcycle. I tell you, this pound is DAMN ulu! It's like right beside Paya Lebar Air Base, and the whole place is like a time-bubble of the 70s. I mean, it's almost like a kampong lah! And I saw a number of familiar faces at the pound too - familiar because I'd seen them at TP HQ earlier on.

After a 10 minute wait, I was asked to walk to the storage area to collect my bike. I was half-expecting to see my bike with horrible long scratches on the side or something. To my surprise, there was hardly any damage to it! Well, other than my headlight's cover which seems to have come off, it looks fairly unscathed.

The headlight cover came off, but easily put back
Seems like I was the only injured party in the accident. (Not necessarily a bad thing I suppose). It was only I started the bike that I realised that something was wrong - which is kinda strange - I hit another motorcycle, and the engine, which is in the middle of bike, and somewhat the most protected is damaged? I still managed to start the bike, and it could still move, so after signing the papers to collect it, I took it to my workshop to get it repaired.

Apparently my carburetor was broken or loose and needed to be replaced. Small problem I guess. Also told my mechanic to give it a thorough servicing and checking to see if there are any parts that needs to be replaced. And in about a day's time, I will finally be able to get the bike back.

Personally, I'm just glad that this whole episode in my life is over. Although there are some unanswered questions, I think at least there is some closure to this episode. What's left to settle now is the summon that I will receive for "careless driving" - comes with a penalty of $200 and 6 demerit points and also my follow-up appointment at CGH. I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to learn scuba diving as a result of this injury (was supposed to do it in Cebu next week), but I guess life throws you a curveball sometimes and you just have to deal with it.


Posted by yellowlemonie at 2:12 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com