Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Chapter 10 - Beautiful Cambridge
When Fraser drove me into Cambridge and King's college came into sight after the trees... I was like WOW WOW WOW... I mean, such beautiful architecture, and it's JUST A COLLEGE? So anyway, after having put my stuff down in Churchill, I set off to "discover" Cambridge...

This is one of the smaller buildings of King's College... (I think...) They've got a really nice chapel which supposedly has a really good choir.. I have to go there one day... Gotta pay though.. Hmmz....

This is Sidney Sussex college... The college that's right in front of Sainsbury's... I mean what the hell.. It's like "Ok, i'm going to the supermarket..." And then they step out of college and there they are! So much for travelling...

And this is punting.. Basically a long stick stuck into the ground and use to push the boat along River Cam... as they say... "if you wanna get anywhere in Cambridge, punt"... Ok.. I think it's a pretty bad pun though... hahaha

And finally on Wednesday the 28th, Kenny gets onto his first punt... Together with 5 other Singaporeans (mums inclusive..) And here're some more photos of beautiful Cambridge....

Here's Sheila and Tien Yi on the punt with our guide/chaffeur...

St John's College... (I think) It's another of the huge colleges...

The Bridge of Sighs in the background... Well, supposedly this bridge was supposed to mimic the Bridge of Sighs in Venice... and it's called so, because the prisoners had to cross the bridge to the order side where they were to be executed... And it is joked that in St John's, the students are made to cross the bridge to collect their exam results... =)

Trinity College (once again, i'm not quite sure.. there're so many of them...).. A smaller side of it...

King's college in its full splendour... It's really nice...

And the chapel that I mentioned earlier in its full splendour... (If only I could photoshop the guy away...)

The Mathematical Bridge at Queen's College.. Supposedly, the engineer for the bridge designed and built the bridge in such a way that the nuts and bolts on the bridge does not actually hold any weight of the bridge... ie. the bridge pretty much supports itself....

Ok.. That's it for Beautiful Cambridge for now.. And honestly, I'm not doing justice to Cambridge, cos it really is a nice place... So for now, be patient and anticipate Part 2. =)
Posted by yellowlemonie at 7:25 PM
0 Comments:
eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com