Friday, April 11, 2008
Chapter 316 - Deutschland
Kenny is currently in Schaffhausen (Switzerland) today, and went across the border to Germany as well. The weather hasn't been all that great after one day of sunshine in Geneva, which quickly deteriorated to snow and rain.

I shall post some shots from today first, before I get round to processing my Norway and Geneva shots (the Geneva trip was soooo cool! Going to all the UN organisations at Geneva was uber exciting)

Mr Rodney Wong, whose hospitality I'm imposing on at the moment. He's working for FARO in Schaffhausen atm....

One of the small outlets from the big falls

A very thirsty duck!

Bubbles! This shot is considered abstract by most standards I think... But I like it nonetheless....

The bridge which leads to the fall, eventually....

The Rhine Falls in its infinite glory. Of course the small size of this picture doesn't quite show you the scale of the falls - if you click on it, you can see humans on the outcrop on the left side, which gives you an idea of how massive it really is....

From the Rhine Falls photo album.

----------------------------------

Also, I found out today that my DVD drive can be made region free - after three years of waiting! Hurray. That means my drive can finally be unlocked from Region 4 and I can play more DVDs on my laptop. =) Thanks a million to ben11. The solution is here if you have an old Powerbook G4 with a Matsushita super-drive like mine....

Labels: ,

Posted by yellowlemonie at 10:41 PM
2 Comments:
Blogger louist said...

with VLC you don't need to unlock your drive at all though, right?

6:23 PM

 
Blogger yellowlemonie said...

technically yes... although for some strange reason, it doesn't want to read some dvds... not sure why though... and it's not really region-related either...

but at least now I can try using different players and not have to worry about region changes...

10:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com